Wednesday 5 May 2010

Guest Designer Card for The Pixie Cottage!

Morning all! Hope you're day is going well so far-it seems plain hectic here but that's 2 year olds for ya! Now today I'm here to show you a card I made for the Pixie Cottage after a couple months ago the fabulous Michelle emailed me out of blue and asked if I'd be a guest designer for a month! I jumped at the chance-their stamps are so adorable and there's a real mix of styles too so I've had great fun playing with them:) If you haven't got any Pixie Cottage stamps yet you can buy them here:)
The challenge today at The Pixie Cottage is to Make Your Own Charm, there is also a sketch which you can follow too or you can use either or. Now firstly I pondered on using shrink plastic but in the end I went with creating a tag into a charm-hopefully that will give a few people some different ideas and will be able to play along. For my card I've used the gorgeous new Spring Hannah with Butterflies-isn't she sweet? Here's a little close-up:~

I've gone with quite muted soft tones using the Basic Grey Wisteria papers all distressed with antique linen. I've also followed the sketch at Create4Fun.

I'm also going to enter this at:
Creative Card Crew (April flowers bring may showers)
Charisma (girly card with flowers)
CCT-Make your own
Sentimental Sundays (someone special)
KL Stampin Scrappin (decorate inside as well as out)
Sir Stampalot Challenge (blossoms and buttterflies)

Well that's it from me today! Come back later for the new brand new Whimsy Digi Release hop! See you soon, and thanks for stopping by and for any comments you might leave xxx

20 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous creation, Rowena! I love the muted tones and the handmade flowers are the perfect touch! Thanks for sharing at Creative Card Crew!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so perfect, absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rowena
    A gorgeous card ,beautiful image and love the colours you have choosen,
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Rowena,
    Your card is beautiful!!! Hannah is very lovely and I love the vintage feel of your cards, totally gorgeous!
    Thanks for designing the inspiring sketch for The Pixie Cottage. I love the layout and I can see myself using it again and again!
    Thanks so much!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your style, and I am so glad Michelle emailed you. Love your tag charm idea. You have colored Hannah with Butterflies perfectly.

    Hugs
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally GORGEOUS!!!! WOW these colors are gorgoeus and those papers WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Love the colors, and the way it's all put together. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello again, Rowena!
    I had to stop by again to thank you for submitting your very gorgeous card to the KLSNS Challenge! Your image and detailing are superb both inside and out! Super awesome job!!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!!! I love the colours and the beautiful image. Thanks for joining Charisma this week. Good Luck.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow hun this is just stunning so love the charm on this too,love hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. the front is wow...and then you let us see the interior...fabulously not plain jane!!! thanks for playing with us the pixie cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful card, I love everything about it :)

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card Rowena. Those are the perfect papers for the way you coloured Hannah. Love your attention to detail.
    Hugs,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rowena, this is an absolute beauty!! Gorgeous image with some GORGEOUS flowers. Thanks for entering this creation into Sentimental Sundays :)
    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rowena,
    Your card is so pretty and you've done such a great job with the image..... oooooh and those papers are scrummy!
    I wanted to thank you for your lovely comment on my last card, I was so chuffed that you think i have my own style, what a lovely thing to say ;o)
    Your last card is amazing BTW and I love the Creative Expressions stamps. I saw something on Ideal World the other day where they were featuring the Photography and Grunge Heart new sets.... I was wondering where you managed to get your set from please?
    Hugs Tara xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh my goodness, this image is amazing!! Beautifully colored and accented with flowers and rhinestones. Thanks for joining us at KL Stampin N Scrappin for our inside-out challenge! Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Rowena,
    Your card is gorgeous! The image is so pretty and I love that you have decorated the inside of your card too.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sir Stampalot challenge this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  18. HI there Rowena
    wow ther is alot of work in this one its perfection itself it really is.
    hugs chris xx
    thanks for joining in the Sir Stampalot challenge

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH WOw!! This is absolutely beautiful! LOVE all the colors that you used! So glad you decided to play with the girls at the Pixie Cottage. It has been so very nice looking at all of your designs and little masterpieces.

    ReplyDelete