Friday 31 July 2009

Stamp Something-Paper Pieced Somethings...DT Card

Good afternoon everyone! Hope everyone is having a fab Friday! Today is my first week as a Stamp Something member and the challenge this week is a really fun one...Paper Piecing. The sponsor this week is Whiff Of Joy and who wouldn't want to win a lovely stamp from them, so you best get paper piecing! I actually inked up this little lovely after months of neglect from me-naughty Rowena! She is a sweetie isn't she?! For my paper piecing I actually only did 2 small sections which are her head band and scrunchie which have been pieced with the same paper I've used on the back layer of my card.

Stuff: Whiff of Joy image coloured with promarkers, K and Co papers from Classic Collection boxset, core'dinations cardstock, distressing tool (but you can achieve the same effect with scissors), files to distress the papers, sizzix die for tag pocket, raffia from stash, prima flowers, distress inks in tea dye and vintage photo, hatpin from ebay.

You must pop over to the Stamp Something challenge blog and take a look at all the gorgeous dt cards! Thank you for popping by today and for any comments you might leave-they make my day! Huggles xxx

20 comments:

  1. beautiful! Love the rich colours and how you have done the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful first DT card Rowena...love your colouring...yummy papers! bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there

    Love the card but I have never heard of paper piecing - could you explain further?

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rowena babes, hope you are feeling ok? just looking in to see your beautiful new cards. I love the warmth I feel from this card. Image & colouring is also gorgeous.

    Keep well poppet.

    Hugs
    Lisa.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the team Rowena!!! So excited to have you! What a gorgeous card!!!! Love the colors adn your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Rowena! Love the vintage feel and all those fabulous colors. Beautiful papers and accents too. WELCOME to the team! Very much looking forward to working with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Rowena. Love the flower with the crocheted center and the K&Co papers are yummy!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Rowena! What a great card! I love the colors and the warmth in this card! Beautiful! Glad to be working with you on SS!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is amazing!!!
    God bless
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fab card Rowena I love it, there is a little award on my blog for you, come get it hun.

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo beautiful! I made a card for next week's PIO challenge using distressing and I felt like I was encroaching on your territory. You totally OWN this technique!!
    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey sweets.
    What a wonderful wonderful card. Ah you have such a beautiful style and just love your distressing - (as I have said b4 - it is so you).
    mwah
    Trace

    PS, Have an award over on my blog for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow wow wow! Your cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very sweet! Just love the sponging so Melinda seems to glow. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty, Rowena! Love stopping by your page xox ~Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well you are off to an amazing start honey cause this is fabulous :)
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a gorgeous card. I love your creations! Just stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is a beauty hun just seen it on the ss blog and wanted to come take a look great image love those ones love the colour combo too love cheryl xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a totally yummy card! Shame on you for neglecting this stamp LOL!

    Thanks for the heads-up about the Simon Says challenge - I'm really chuffed, could spend it a thousand times over :)

    Hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete