Wednesday 24 June 2009

Stamp Something Tim Holtz stylee


Afternoon everyone! Hope everyone is well today! Lovely weather still isn't it, little Leo is toddling around in his shorts and vest-he looks soooo cute!

Over at Stamp Something this week the challenge is Black, white and one colour. My colour option is green as you can see. Lots of fun making this-i do so love my Tim Holtz products:) The backing paper is actually newspaper-I found an old newspaper online which I printed out, sponged some distress inks (vintage photo and tea dye) on it then stamped in distress ink (peeled paint) a Tim Holtz harlequin stamp all over. The main image is another Tim Holtz stamp which I stamped in distress ink black soot then cut out-how cool is the image! I got me dymo label maker out again-I saw an article recently in the new scrapbook inspirations mag about this cool little tool and apparently there's a whole website dedicated to label art so I am gonna check that out soon and give some new techniques a try using different materials instead of the traditional label materials. Here's my list of materials:

Stuff I used: Tim holtz stamps 'dream a little dream' and 'harlequin', distress inks in black soot, peeled paint, tea dye and vintage photo, raffia, papermania regency pack, core'dinations cardstock, distressing tool by tim holtz, sanding files, star brads from stash, dymo label maker, nesties, embossing folder and cuttlebug.

Hope you likey! Thanks for stopping by and any comments you might leave-they make my day and well they let me know you've visited so I can visit you back!

4 comments:

  1. I love anything in a 'Tim Holtz' stylie and I love this all the elements work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Rowena,Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I am beginning to love Tim Holtz stuff and of course your card is no exception. Great job. mwah

    I think we would probably get on really well in 'real life' too. LOL.
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece, it's been ages since i used any of my Tim things, i may just have to get some out for a play!

    ReplyDelete